Are you searching for GrastonTechnique provider Near By?
Robyn Pester Physical Therapy certified since 2001 as a Graston Technique provider in Eugene.
Graston Technique® is an instrument assisted form of soft tissue mobilization used to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions associated with chronic, acute or post-surgical soft tissue injuries.
This technique is widely used by physical therapists, chiropractors and athletic trainers.
Typical results are that clients can notice an increase in their range of motion and decrease in symptoms after only one session.
How Graston Technique Works:
Graston Technique is used to treat soft tissue injuries that result in inflammation, scar tissue, and fascial restrictions. It has been around since the 90’s and is scienticially proven to be effective in treatment of soft tissue dysfunction. The technique’s been around for more than 30 years.
Graston Technique entails identifying, isolating, and targeting the affected area to break up scar tissue. This promotes blood flow and faster healing of injuries.
The technique involves various stainless steel instruments that when combed over the skin “catch” on fibrotic tissue, which immediately identifies areas of restriction.
Once the key area of dysfunction is identified, the clinician using the tool can release the restriction quicker and with a greater degree depth, pressure and specificity necessary to eliminate pain and restore normal mobility and function.
Graston Certified since 2001. Graston has been a key tool in my practice.
What body parts are treated?
Graston can be used to treat pain, inflammation and soft tissue restrictions for chronic, acute and post surgery issues.
- Fascia. This is fibrous connective tissue that protects and supports muscles and organs throughout your body. Inflammation across a band of fascia tissue can cause extreme pain and stiffness. Plantar fasciitis is a common fascia tissue condition.
- Major muscle groups. Strains and pulls from overuse or trauma can affect any of your major muscle groups. This includes muscles in your neck and shoulders, back, and hamstrings.
- Tendons and ligaments. Tendons connect muscles to bone and ligaments connect bone to bone. Injury to either can cause pain and decrease range of motion.
CONDITIONS TREATED WITH GRASTON TECHNIQUE
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achiles Tendinitis
- Calf Strains
- Shin splints
- Runner’s Knee
- ITband Syndrome
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Hip Pain
- Hamstring Tendinitis
- Quad/Groin Pulls
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain/Rotator Cuff
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- SI/Back Pain
Benefits of Graston Technique:
GRASTON offers many benefits for anyone who has pain and other symptoms caused by soft tissue injuries either from sports, overuse, or trauma. Historically Graston for 75-90% all conditions treated has had beneficial outcomes like the ones listed below.
- Faster recovery
- Increased flexibility
- Increased range of motion
- Decreased pain
- Decreased inflammation